- 18 hours on-demand video content
- Lifetime access
- Downloadable resources and exercises
- Certificate on completion
- Access on mobile and desktop
- Secure checkout via Credit Card or PayPal
- 14-day money back guarantee
- Last updated July 2022
This course will be divided in two important parts:
2. The second part of the course uses the C programming language to implement a compiled version of our raycaster, including textured walls and sprites. We'll also use C to discuss important optimization and performance aspects of our code.
The Wolfenstein 3D raycasting algorithm we'll learn is heavily based on trigonometry, so make sure you have pen and paper ready for the lectures. I will make sure we review and understand every formula we find along the way!
This course has no prerequisites. We'll cover all the math and the code as we go along, so even beginners with no prior experience are welcome to join!
Other raycasting tutorials out there are either too long or overwhelmingly complex. This course tries to be as beginner-friendly as possible.
We never skip any of the math or any other implementation detail. Everything is always taught from scratch, and you get to see the code evolving line by line in front of your eyes!
Gustavo Pezzi is a university lecturer in London, UK. He has won multiple education awards as a teacher and is also the founder of pikuma.com.
Gustavo teaches fundamentals of computer science and mathematics; his academic path includes institutions such as Pittsburg State University, City University of London, and University of Oxford.
"Amazing course! This course was amazing, thank you! I really enjoyed the lessons pace and the raycasting technique."
"Its the best way to start understanding rendering. i think Gustavo is a great person to teach complicated stuff very easily."
"Wow! I really learned a ton here. Highly recommended."
"Fantastic and Fun!