- 12 hours on-demand video content
- Lifetime access
- Downloadable resources and exercises
- Certificate on completion
- Access on mobile and desktop
- Secure checkout via Credit Card or PayPal
- 14-day money back guarantee
- Last updated January 2022
This is a comprehensive course dedicated to the language Lua, one of the world's favorite scripting languages. Lua is fast, small, and super easy to integrate with C and C++, which makes Lua an excellent choice to extend and script compiled C and C++ applications.
This course is divided in three parts:
1. The first part is a beginner-friendly journey into the building blocks of the Lua language. We'll start from the very beginning and look at things like variables, expressions, conditionals, loops, functions, tables, object-oriented programming, functional programming, and other popular tools and modules of Lua.
2. The second part is aimed at intermediate-experienced developers that want to learn how to integrate Lua with their native C or C++ projects. We'll put our C-programmer's hat on and review how to embed the Lua programming language inside a compiled application using the powerful Lua C API.
3. The third and last part is a series of short bonus lectures. These lectures will explain how the Lua language is used inside Roblox Studio. Roblox is an example of a popular game engine that uses a dialect of Lua as its main scripting language.
All you need is a Lua interpreter. The official Lua tools are all cross-platform, which means you'll be able to code along on either Windows, macOS, or Linux!
This course has no prerequisites. We'll cover the official Lua language from the ground up, so even beginners with no prior experience in coding are welcome to join!
This is a complete immersion in the world of Lua! We'll learn how to think like Lua programmers, carefully covering the syntax and the most popular modules from Lua.
Differently than most Lua resources out there, this course also covers the integration of Lua with native C and C++ code! We'll learn to work with the Lua C API to embed the Lua language inside a C project, exposing Lua to be used as a proper scripting language.
Gustavo Pezzi is a university lecturer in London, UK. He has won multiple education awards as a teacher and is also the founder of pikuma.com.
Gustavo teaches fundamentals of computer science and mathematics; his academic path includes institutions such as Pittsburg State University, City University of London, and University of Oxford.
73% of our students come back for another course
We don't offer discounts on our courses. Ever.
"Great course! Apparent and concise instruction. Easy to follow along. I had a few hiccups on Windows OS but these difficulties are mentioned in the course."
"AMAZING. I'm not games programmer, but I'm really impressed about the concepts explained and also the power of LUA Scripting Language. I think that Roblox topic demands some experience playing Roblox and also concepts of games programming."
"I loved this course! I enrolled in this course because I was fascinated by Pico-8 and TIC-80 fantasy consoles and wanted to understand how the communication between Lua and C worked. I have to admit that I kind of hated of Lua in the beginning but after taking this course I realized that was because I didn't really understand the language. Now I love it, and it's one of my favorite languages."